Search This Blog

Friday, August 5, 2011

Welcome to Lovin' it in Limestone

I love living in Limestone County, and I want to share my experiences and the interesting people I meet in this community. That's why I have started this blog and aptly named it, "Lovin' it in Limestone."

On Thursday, I greeted the pre-dawn hours sitting on the back of an Athens Fire and Rescue truck. My plan was to capture dawn breaking behind the smoldering ruins of Athens Church of God to symbolize how the worshippers plan to greet another day despite losing their building.

That plan fell apart when yet another storm front rumbled in like cannon with lightning flashing like air strikes and wind and rain charging through like an army. We all had to seek shelter in our vehicles.

It was eerie covering yet another attack from Mother Nature when the county still is recovering from the April 27 tornado outbreak. But it was also reassuring to meet storm victims like the worshippers and downtown business owners Derrick Young and Jerry Sandlin who plan to rebuild and recover.

That unbreakable spirit is but one of the reasons I'm Lovin' it in Limestone.

No comments:

Post a Comment