Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Creating a motto for Athens...

Athens is looking for a new image and motto. Based on some ideas thrown out by the community at a public hearing tonight, I came up with a few. They were not included in my coverage of the meeting, so I thought I would share them here.

Some suggested Athens has unknown treasures, is a best-kept secret, is ideal for families and offers a helping hand. This is what came up with from that:

Athens - Come as a visitor, leave as a friend.
 
Athens - Come back home.
 
Athens - Seek your treasure here.
 
Athens - Uncover the secret.
 
If y'all have suggestions, add them under comments!

4 comments:

  1. From Kelli Kraus Southard via FB:

    A wise fire chief uses "Athens: Preserving the Past; Protecting the Future". I think it has a "tradition"-esque ring to it but then I'm EXTREMELY partial to both my hometown and it's fire chief!

    ReplyDelete
  2. From Karen Wright Middleton via FB (and I love this one)

    We're blossoming from our roots

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leslie in PrattvilleSeptember 1, 2011 at 8:31 AM

    You're at home in Athens. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Leslie. They went with:

    Athens, Alabama. Classic. Southern. Character.

    ReplyDelete