Search This Blog

Monday, November 7, 2011

Lovin' the Big Apple

I will be lovin' it in New York this week. I am headed with the East Limestone Marching Band to the Big Apple. They are appearing in the Veterans Day Parade.

If I survive today's 22-hour train ride with 120-something teenagers, I plan to blog about the trip this week. We will get to hang out at Times Square, go to the 9-11Memorial, see the Broadway show Wicked and take a dinner cruise.

I also am going to meet a friend of mine from elementary school, Matt, and one of my close friends from college, Kim. We are going to eat at a place called Gravy New York, a Southern restaurant. Yep, I'm  headin' North to eat soul food. Here's the website for it.

http://www.gravyny.com/

Hope to check in Tuesday night if the train of teens doesn't slay me. Now where did I pack my ear plugs?

No comments:

Post a Comment